Friday, July 31, 2009

The Countdown

Today is August 1st, 2009. I am officially starting a countdown until the wedding. We've got two weeks before the first event which is the Rehearsal. We have one week before our first guest arrives. And we've got three and a half weeks before Chase and I leave for China again.

There is so much to do and I have made a half a dozen "to-do" lists for each vendor. I hope we can get it all done this week because I truly want to relax that last week and really spend time with the people I love who have come from all over the world really.

Last night a few of my "bridesmaids"and friends- I put that in quotes because we really don't have bridesmaids in Indian weddings, but I wanted to incorporate that idea into our wedding (even though their role is minimal) and honor my friends- came over and tried on saris for the weekend that they are going to borrow. I am so happy that my friends are willing to get into the spirit of things and get dressed up like that. Saris really do make every woman look so beautiful and the fabric and draping is always figure-flattering.

I was beat after that so I went to bed. Today we've got a lot to work on and hopefully we can get things crossed off this list here.

1 comment:

jackie said...

It won't be long now!!! This time next week, you'll be maaaarried! :-D