Saturday, February 12, 2011

Back from Africa

Well, it's been almost two days since we returned. We quickly unpacked on the evening of our return. Yesterday morning we headed to the train station to pick up Milo in Shanghai but we missed the train by literally seconds. The next train was two hours away so I reluctantly asked Chase to go by himself while I stayed in Hangzhou to get a few last-minute things done before I go back to work.

I went grocery shopping, answered a bunch of emails, and did some Spring cleaning. Boy, that felt good.

Chase returned with Milo in one piece after a big ordeal of sneaking him through security to get on the high-speed train. He was told several times by people that he was very lucky to have not been caught. And several police officers and guards were really cautioning him not to do that again. Milo will not be traveling by train in the future.

Now, we're back on the routine and Milo and I went on our weekly walk around the Westlake this morning. I have some work in my classroom this afternoon and besides that will be just enjoying my last day before school starts tomorrow.

By the way, Africa was great. I don't have any pictures yet because on the third day of our trip, Chase dropped our camera into the Okavango Delta and, well, .... at least we had a backup camera, but no pictures of the great wildlife we saw. He says the memory card is somewhere but I am weary of this. Hopefully we can find the memory card and retrieve what's on there because we saw amazing scenery, wildlife, and had many great memories.


1 comment:

jackie said...

Love the re-design! And excited to see photos from your trip!

xoxo