Sunday, December 20, 2009

Back in the US

Hello!

We made it to Newark yesterday evening and were one of the last flights to land before the snow started coming in. If we were an hour late we would have probably been rerouted and that would have been disasterous. So we have enjoyed hanging out at Kirk and Allyson's new house. We had a great dinner they prepared last night. The risotto was voted as the highlight. Today Chase and I slept in until noon because of jet lag and awoke to a blanketed winter wonderland! It's beautiful and calm and the air is fresh and wintery. I would love to live in a climate where there was snow several times a winter.

We had lunch at Evolution burger and I had a great veggie burger. It's been a long while and it was tasty. I spent most of the day packing Christmas presents while Chase and Kirk did some last minute shopping. Allyson braved the cold and shoveled some leftover snow in the driveway. I was told that I should have been helping the pregnant woman and not letting her be out there in the cold but I asked her and she declined help. Sometimes I think fussing over pregnant women can make them feel to pampered. So I let her be her own woman and she seemed content.

Now, I'm watching some football while Kirk prepares another great meal. We're having Mushroom Lasagna for dinner.

Our flight is tomorrow and I'm hoping that the Newark Airport is clear for flights and that we are not too delayed getting into Austin.