Thursday, February 4, 2010

Quick Update

It's a lovely Friday morning. I'm enjoying a whole pot of chai. I've started to increase my caffeine intake because the weather has been so poor in Hangzhou. I just don't have energy to wake up when it's day after day of no sun, gloom, and constant drizzle.

But the tea's excellent, had a bowl of granola, and listening to my current favorite song: A-Punk by Vampire Weekend. It's a happy tune and it gets me going.

Today's the last day of the term for the children at my school. Thank GOD. I made it. Hahah.

We have two weeks off for Chinese New Year, sometimes called Spring Festival. Chase and I are going on our first domestic trip of more than 3 days. Can you believe that? All of our other trips have been international, so far?

Crazy. I thought we came here to see China.

There have been fireworks going off for weeks. You just have to experience the excitement in the air. It's hard to explain. Everyone in the country travels home so I hope our decision to stay in the country was a good one.

We are going to Yangshuo, a climbing destination. It's known for it's tall towering peaks... yes the ones you have seen in landscape art and scrolls.

Oh, and the other day I cooked my first full-course Indian meal, desert included. I made dhal, rasam, cauliflower, and paysam. It turned out all right... except for the rasam, which I just can't make just like my Mom's. I guess that's how it goes though. Mom's cooking will always be the best.

Alright, I'm late for work now and have been every day this week. Yikes!

Bye.

No comments: