Friday, February 19, 2010

Yunnan!

It's been a few days since we've been back from Yunnan and I've enjoyed relaxing in Hangzhou. The weather's been great and it is going to get warmer in the next week or so!

So for the next few posts, I will be sharing with you our wonderful week in China's frontier land. Did you know Yunnan wasn't even a province during WWII? So it's as far away as you can get from China. It feels pretty wild there actually. There are many ethnic minorities who still call this province home and people from Vietnam and Thailand trace their ancestors to this region.

Chase and I had a great time. Quick summary: a couple of days in Kunming with unsuccessful attempts to find rock climbing, I got a stomach bug, went to LiJiang, and had a couple of attempts to go to the Tiger Leaping Gorge and finally made it there for a two day trek, almost adopted another puppy, a day in Dali (China's Goa, if you know what I mean), and back to Hangzhou.

Oh and I've got pics of it all! Love the new camera...

1 comment:

Surya said...

Read your posts on Yunnan... Brought back memories of my visit there! It is a beautiful place, isn't it?