Thursday, July 3, 2008

Gone to California

Well, it's been a month since I last blogged. And that's because the month of June was the winding down time at Casa. I was major worried about the parent teacher conferences as they always take alot emotionally to talk to each parent. Casa parents really care about every aspect of their child's life and as glad as I am to share everything I know about their child, it is draining. Not to mention the sitting in chairs part. I already have tight hips and IT bands and sitting in a chair for hours further tightens them. And the circulation in my legs gets crazy. Secret: When I'm in between conferences I do headstands, handstands, and hip openers to keep circulation going. After the conferences came the End of the Year picnic where I cried openly and unrestrainedly. I had bottled everything up for weeks and I remember crying on Thursday night to Chase after my last set of conferences, all day Friday and Friday night. Phew. I will miss Casa more than any normal person will miss their job when then change careers or jobs. Because being at Casa never felt like a "job." It was a place I enjoyed coming to every day, where I got to be with the children I loved, and do things that helped them join the world as a compassionate and caring individual. Nothing's better than that.

Now, I am enjoying my first day off. I am in California visiting my sister, family relatives, and friends. First day off because we had to take down the classrooms the last few days. I took a total of 5 naps. YES. 3 on the plane. And I know they might not count exactly, they were good. I had both seats on the plane to myself. So I stretched out. Something told me to bring a pillow, which I rarely do, and I am glad I did. And I took two naps in the early morning after I arrived at my cousins house. I've been reading a lot today and watched tv for the first time in months. TV gets boring fast. Now I'm taking Satvik and Ceasar's dog, Sona on a run and then we are going to wash her. They leave for India tomorrow and then I'll have time to hang out with Sruthi, my sister. I'll spend a few days with her. On Saturday we are going for manis and pedis in Santa Monica and then she's going to drop me off with some friends where I'll spend the rest of the weekend. Chase will join me and our friends on Saturday. I am really missing him. It's been three days since I saw him. And I can't believe we maintained a long distance relationship so many years ago because three days is about my limit now.

More tomorrow when we figure out what we are going to do for Independence Day. Which by the way, did you know that the real Independence Day was actually July 2nd and that the 4th is just when they signed the Declaration?

1 comment:

jackie said...

Hi Svetha! I just saw the link to you blog at the bottom of the last email I got from you... I'm so glad that you've set up a blog! I was going to make you join facebook so we could keep in touch better while you're away, but this blog will be even better (as long as you keep up with your posting!). Call us when you're back from CA.