Friday, July 25, 2008

Last Day in America

Chase and I left Austin yesterday. It was really really more than anything I imagined... difficult to leave Lola. I couldn't let her go at the airport. I just really felt like I was letting her down. What kind of Mother leaves her baby? I will miss her so very deeply. She's been there for me through all my moves the last five years. She's made me a better person. I love her and will not love another dog in the same way. But I have reconciled that at least she will make others happy (i.e. my family) and that I should be thankful that I can do that for them. And at least I have placed her in a happy home with greenbelt access and lots of people to love her. I am sure my parents and Archie will take care of her. 
So today I went into the City while Chase hung out with Kirk (his brother). I went to NYC to have a yoga day. I went to the Dharma Mittra Yoga Center for a Master class. Yes, it was hard. It kicked my butt. I think the third pose might have been Hanumanasana. There was no holding back and people were just going into poses that I work into after about an hour. Well, I managed and I listened to myself and kept an open and receptive mind. Funny, that's their motto. Be receptive. 
Then I made my way back downtown, well SOHO actually where I took another class (after a quick Whole Foods lunch), this time at Virayoga, a yoga studio Christina Sell (my yoga teacher) recommended. Took a great class with Sharon and really enjoyed hearing the Anusara lingo. It's funny how much I've gotten attached to doing things "our way." Anusara is definitely more precise about alignment and technique and I really respond to that structure. For example and the Dharma studio there was three minutes of doing what ever poses we felt like and I couldn't transition from being led for 1 hour and 45 minutes and then being told to do what ever I wanted. What!? That's not why I come to a yoga studio. Anyways, it was a small group and the vibe was positive and upbeat. We worked on arm balances and inversions mostly.
After that, I made it back to Jersey City and we just got back from dinner. I have pics from today which I will post as soon as we get to Hong Kong. We'll be in HK tomorrow! Fantastic. The journey has officially begun. Chase and I feel so excited to start this part of our lives together. Good bye North America! 

No comments: