Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Chase!

Happy Birthday Chase!

Yep, the big guy's is the big 2-8! We are going to spend the day in Kowloon- Nathan Rd., shopping, etc. Although, we have vowed not to buy anything because our bags are already super heavy. Kowloon in Cantonese means the land of the Nine Dragons. And Bruce Lee's chinese name meant "Little Dragon." And the story goes that Bruce Lee lived on Kowloon and feng shui experts warned that the "little" dragon should not be in the land of the "nine dragons" and so he didn't listen to them and what do you know... he died there. Interesting, huh.

And then we are going to have lunch at the Woodlands- a famous Indian restaurant that has a location in Hong Kong. And have high tea at the Peninsula Hotel. I am extremely fond of tea and high tea will be so much fun at this super fancy and famous hotel. Finally, we are going to check out some true Cantonese food for dinner. I think it's funny that I schedule my day around where I eat. Er, maybe weird.

Anyways, we will post pics tonight.

It's still insanely hot and this morning when I woke up (3:30am!) the wind was howling. So I don't know what the weather will be like. Maybe some rain will cool things off.

3 comments:

Surya said...

Hey there Sveth! Liked reading your posts thus far and look forward to more!

And scheduling your routine around where/when you eat is indeed the right thing to do! Food-sustenance-is essential you see! :o)

;o)

jackie said...

3:30 am!! I hope that's just jet lag and not your new sleeping schedule. :-) Sounds like you guys had a jam packed day for Chase's birthday -- hope you had a lot of fun and ate a lot of good food!

BTW Is the Peninsula Hotel you guys had tea at related to the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills? I had no idea that was a chain...

Svetha said...

I just checked and it is a chain! I had no idea. But I especially like the role of this Hong Kong hotel during the World War II- The Hong Kong governor signed papers giving Japan control over the island and he was held captive in one of the rooms!