Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day of School

Well, today's the big day. I get three new children in my class. Last week from Wednesday through Friday I had the returning children. They definitely are getting used to me better, but the first few days were rough. I just have higher standards than what they are used to. And there's so much difference in culture in raising children in China, so the children here are just so different in behavrior. However, they are very disciplined... as far as, I don't really have to remind them about anything twice. They follow along quite well. Part of the chinese mentality.

Today, I hope to focus on the new ones as they are quite young. It's going to take a lot of energy. I imagine myself running around after one particular child that I met on Friday. So I know what he's like. So I went to bed relatively early last night and I woke up this morning and had a really slow and meditative yoga practice. I focused on holding and staying in poses for a long time. So I didn't do too many. I hope that it will give me the patience and focus I need today and this week.

Here we go...

2 comments:

BlueMoonPoet said...

Good luck my love. We'll be rootin' for you.

xoox

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.