Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Long Day

Get up, shower, decide I need to straighten my hair, wake up Chase by making a smoothie, go over and really wake him, eat breakfast, write more for the Parent Ed workshop tonight, bolt out of the door.

I'm at work at 8:09, one minute to spare. The lady who was my san lun che driver... that's what the little tuk tuks around Beijing are called.... was really talkative and I was able to hold a conversation with her for the ten minute ride to work... so yay for my Chinese! Anyways, she was so sweet I decided to give her 7 kuai instead of 5 kuai and she simply refused. Well, she was willing to take it until she found she didn't have anything but a 5 RMB.

Work all day. Speak to a new employee, Farnoosh, during lunch, get my classroom clean, meet with a parent for a half an hour long discussion, meet with Helen, print copies of my handouts for the parent night, meet with another set of parents, Lunch Menu Tasting evening with parents at the school, and give a presentation on Montessori, and parent ed until 9:30pm.

I am drained!

It was my first time to ever be the lead of a Montessori presentation and even though I think my presentation was dry, I really do enjoy talking about Montessori. It is my passion. I love explaining to parents how children think and develop.

I am so tired. I have to go and unwind.

More in a day or two.

No comments: