Saturday, October 11, 2008

Nesting

We've been in Beijing now for a while and I still don't feel completely settled. I work more than ever here, which I guess it's a good thing and I should feel lucky to have a job given our world's economy right now. Anyways, I just don't seem to have the time to explore all the places to shop and buy things that we need. I just need to do more nesting...

So the other week, I joined the Beijing Organic Consumers group on Yahoo and have found out about a marvelous way to get Organic groceries! Organic Farm, Ltd. has been in operation since 2000 and they send you groceries every week. Twice a week if you want it! It includes most veggies, fruits, dairy, grains, and eggs. So that's how we'll be getting most of our groceries from now on.

This is a sort of luxury we could never afford in the US, but in China with the way labor is, it's very feasible. And I have the comfort of knowing we are eating healthy because in Beijing when we go out to restaurants, which is 4-5 times a week, we don't know the quality of the produce they cook with.

Also, I'm going to the Green Cow Organic Farm Festival this afternoon to do more research about the green food movement in Beijing and maybe pick up a few groceries, soaps, etc.

No comments: