Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009

Happy New Year to everyone!

Chase and I just got back from our trip to NYC and we are unpacking and discovering that our closets are really too small. Now we have enough clothes and personal items that even if we wanted to move out of China it would take more effort. We have passed the point of no (easy) return. It feels good to have "things" though. We bought many toiletries and medicines that we have been unsuccessful in finding on the mainland. And now we have more winter clothes and that's a good thing because January is always the coldest month in Beijing.

Speaking of January, it's a new year for us and I don't know but I haven't had time to process 2008. It went by so fast. In 2008 Chase pondered changing careers, I decided to change jobs when we decided to move to China, gave up Lola in that effort, got engaged, moved houses, went to India, moved to China, went to Malaysia, and now went to New York. This has been the busiest year for me to date and I am tired. So the thought of starting another one is really requiring me to consider what is important for me this year.

I was asked by Jordana and Chase what my resolutions were for this year. And I have come to realize I am not good at making resolutions each year because my goals for myself are so varied. I have so much to improve on that each day I just try a little to meet my goals for that moment. That's not to say I don't have long-term goals. But they are so vague- be a better person, take more time with the people I love, have more patience with others, have more patience with myself. The list goes on.

Life goes on. There is much to accomplish in 2009. I know there will be great moments, including the day Chase and I finally get married! We have waited so long. (It will have been 9 years in August). So I guess you could say that's my big goal for 2009.

Jet lag is setting in fast and I can tell my thoughts are not quite as precise as I would like them to be. But I am going to go ahead and post this anyways.

1 comment:

Ash Kim said...

xooxox
I think that's a perfect resolution. Glad you're back safe.