Sunday, February 15, 2009

Anusara in China

I knew it would be here soon enough!

I just checked the Anusara website and found that there's going to be two Intensives in March and an Immersion in Shenzhen the first week of June! How rad. I am so excited. I am going to take time off work for a whole week. I am determined not to get sick during the Spring so that I will have my sick days all saved up. And even then, if I don't have enough sick days I'm going to not get paid. It's worth it for me to go.

The blurb says that there is a lot of enthusiasm for Anusara in China and I was just talking with Chase last night about how the Tantric philosophy that Anusara has its foundations in are the EXACT opposite of what is the nature of this society. "Bliss is here now" is not something that people identify with in China. That goes against their very being. I also mentioned to him that my other current interest, the Montessori philosophy, also goes against the grains of society. So it's interesting to me that the two passions I have in my life have brought me to a place that makes me stand up for what I believe in so strongly each and every day. And lately with this Montessori stuff, I have been so resolute. I think it's making me a stronger person in my ideals.
But I guess the interest that the Immersion is going to be so close to Hong Kong where people are much more international (well, Beijing is international in a sense just not open-minded). So it will be interesting to see how they take to this philosophy. And I think that's the reason they chose the course to be in Shenzhen. It's only a 45 minute train ride into China from Hong Kong. Anyways, I don't know if the uplifting nature of it might be so foreign that it will take a while for them to be comfortable. But who cares! I'm ready! I'm so excited!

The format they have chosen is also different. They are making the three-part format into a two part format of 50 or so hours each. I was hoping that when I did take the Immersion it would be in the three-part format over a period of time. But at least I will have time from June until October to let what I have studied sink in a bit.

OOOOHhhh.... I am going to go do a little dance around my living room right now....

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How exciting! I hope it is a wonderful experience.
love,
Lisa

Svetha said...

Thank you, Lisa. I wish I could have taken the Immersion while I was still in Austin but it didn't work out. So now I'm just excited that it's a possibility to move further along in my study.

小v said...

Hey,
I am living in Shanghai now, originally from Taiwan. I practice Anusara, too. I am also looking for Anusara class in China, but as you said there are so few and I deeply agree what you mention about the tantric philosophy is not identified here by Chinese people. I was very suprised, even though I am Taiwanese. I just move to Shanghi few monthes ago, this country really suprised me.
Do you have happen to know the immersion in March and june is for which part of immersions? I II or III?
great to know your blog!
Love & Peace,
vic