Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ew, Weather

After the fireworks fiasco of the last two weeks, the skies have been extremely polluted. I mean, you should have seen the streets the next day after the Lantern Day Festival. They were littered with the reminants of exploded fireworks. But the very next day they were magically cleaned up by the labor force that keeps things clean in China. Sometimes, I feel like we live in Singapore.

So the weather has been pretty drab. No sunshine is what I mean. Chase says I'm lying and that he saw the sun every day this week. I shouldn't say it's been bad because the highs have been in the 50s even! So that's been great to not wear long underwear for two days.

Today the rain came though. The clouds got heavier and slowly the drizzle came and it's been raining steadily for the last couple of hours. There hasn't been any thunder or lightning which makes me believe the rain is Man-Made. The government shoots pellets of some sort of silver or metal compound and it causes rain. And with the recent news of the drought in China that is evidence enough.

It feels weird to walk around in it. I think our bodies are sensitive enough to realize it's not right and not natural. I almost don't want to get rain on my body for fear that it's acidic or laced with some chemical.

So that's the weather. Isn't it great that my blog is about Beijing weather? I know you've been dying to find out what life is like around here.

No comments: