Friday, April 24, 2009

This week...

Wow. I am sitting down on my couch for the first time in a few days (well, ok, yesterday I laid on it half asleep) with my my legs up on the "L" part of the couch. And I've got a bottle of Italian Toscana wine at my side. Let me tell you that the wine in China is sub-par even for my amateur tastes. But nevertheless, I broke down, and hoped for the best. And I'm watching this show called Californication that we have on DVD. It's on Showtime and I'm catching up with last season's episodes on recommendation via Chase via Denton.

Chase is out with a friend who is hosting a networking event. We are meeting up for dinner and then tomorrow we have many things to do before a picnic to the Beijing Botanical Gardens on Sunday.

This week my Dad stopped by on a surprise visit on his way back to America. So that was fun to spend a few hours with him. I got to see some of my wedding jewelry as he was bringing it from the jewelers in India. And I must say that the gems are exquisite! I know. I'm bragging. But I just want to get excited about the wedding and it seems that everything is coming together in tiny little pieces and the events are getting closer so it's on my mind every day.

I really wish that I could have been that bride that lived and dreamed for her wedding for the whole year before it actually happened. Like actually visit and talk with the vendors, cake designers, have multiple fittings for my dresses, etc. But I'm so far away that it's all done remotely through my family. So that's my only wish for my time in Austin this summer- to think and breathe wedding, workout a lot, play with Lola, and read.

Anyways, I hear Chase at the door so it's time for dinner!

No comments: