Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What's Happening

It is Thursday morning here. Easter has come and gone. It was more like we didn't even notice it over here. I am up this morning as usually catching up with wedding related emails. It's taking up my free time at this point, which is not a lot.

I can't not express how difficult it has been to plan a wedding, of the size that we are having, from a country on the other side of the world. What were we thinking!??!?!

In a few minutes I have a call with our wedding coordinator to just catch up and see how everything is going. I am glad that I have a team of helpers and family members who are willing to make my wedding extraordinary, but it also means managing everyone's feelings. Which has proven to be really difficult when it's over the phone, over email, etc.

We have barely gotten off the ground with the wedding, but I know it will come together and I am so glad I have six weeks in Austin to really manage it all this July and August.

Update on the work situation: It's either Beijing or move to Hangzhou at this point. I go back and forth each day on which situation would be better. Oh and there's also the possibility of moving to Hong Kong. So that's in the mix. I think I should have it figured out in the next three weeks though.

Tonight we go out to dinner with friends. So finally, after living in the Jing for about 8 months we are having the first wave of our friends go back to their countries. Last week it was Morgan. But he should be back in China, just not in Beijing. And then, Fabio, who is from Germany but he's Italian. I guess that is what happens when you live in an international city. There is a constant flux of people coming and going so friends are pretty transitory. Unless you start making Chinese friends, then they are for the long term.

Alright, gonna go make this phone call and head out to work.

No comments: