Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dream Theory

I woke up the other day and what happened next might have been the turning point in deciding that I need to get back into writing a blog. Not because I think I'm an excellent writer and everyone out there should know all about my life, but more so because my blog last year was definitely an outlet, a processing zone, a space to journal and get all the thoughts out. It also helped that friends do like to know what I'm doing over here. But there are so many thoughts in my head that it helped to let them have their space.... far away on the internet. You might wonder why choose such a public forum to detail these thoughts, but in fact I find the internet to be a wall rather than a web. The thoughts bounce on the wall and as I read and reread my work they slowly bounce back to me and allow me to see myself and my life.... gain perspective if you will.

So I'm off the soapbox now. Anyways, I woke up and incase you didn't know this little factoid about me, I have my best thoughts in the first few moments of waking. The saying, "sleep on it" is definitely (now underline that 100 times) how I make the decisions in my life. My mind speaks clearly after my subconscious and my heart have made the decision over a night's sleep. It's that simple. So I do my best to wake up slowly so I can hear what my heart feels before the rest of the days chaos takes over. And this Sunday morning it spoke:

Prana is a Healing Energy.

Deep deep within my gut this message was sent to me and I was in denial that I heard it. Did I make that up? Did I put that together? I've never heard that sentence spoken to me but somehow my subconscious new it and needed me to hear it again that morning. There was nothing wrong with me. What did I need to heal? But it is the truth. The pranic feeling after a sweaty session of yoga doesn't make you feel tired, instead you feel uplifted. I'm usually springier, brighter, happier, lighter, fuller. Even the flow of prana after you come out of certain poses are like a euphoric feeling that you want to hold on to, recreate in your life, and sustain. Not that I'm attached and clingy to the actual feeling. But I am privy to the fact that it is an energy that is like a gift that we humans have within us. So I treasure that gift. So long as we can practice letting prana come into the whole of our body and reside in its home we can never be broken.

1 comment:

Jeremiah Wallace said...

Ya know, I always find it very interesting to go back and read all the old posts on my blog. Often, it's the same old shit in a different situation. So I totally see what you mean by seeing it as a wall upon which you can bounce your thoughts.

However, I'm totally envious of your waking moments. That is always the worst part of the day for me and it is a RARE day that I wake up with good thoughts flowing through my head. Take advantage of such a sweet natural thing :-)