Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Diwali

I hope everyone had a great Diwali. I ended up meeting a friend for dinner at a local Indian restaurant in Hangzhou. We then stopped into a chinese bar for him to have another drink and I was happy to watch CCTV 5 which was showing the World Gymnastics championships. The Aussie's had an Indian on their team so naturally I was rooting for him.

But now this morning I have woken up with a sore throat, drainage, and just feeling bleh. I think it's that I'm not used to cigarette smoke and in bars in China you are bombarded with it. The ill-effects of smoking are simply not talked about, the people aren't educated. I have thought several times of opening up a quit-smoking group similar to ones in America as there are no support structures educating people or helping them through the process once they have made the decision to quit.

Anyways, I am paying the price of my few minutes of tv bliss.

So even though I'm not feeling a 100% I'm still going to the Yoga Summit today to take some classes. It's their anniversary so there are a bunch of free classes. I'm taking three. Well, we'll see. I just can't pass this up when a normal class costs $40. Yes, 40USD.... and we are in China. Who can afford that!??! Well, the rich in Communism get richer, that's who.

1 comment:

BlueMoonPoet said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling under the weather after the holiday. I can commiserate: I'm under the weather too with my once-a-winter cold. Yuck. :o) But if that's as sick as we get, I say we're doing pretty good.