Tuesday, November 17, 2009

at home

So it's dreadfully freezing in Hangzhou today. It has been for the past few days and they are predicting snow tonight which is rare for this time of year. It's a result of the cloud seeding that was done over Beijing a few weeks ago that produced the huge snow storm they had up there. And now the weather system is still continuing to produce unseasonable snow in northern China and might reach us tonight. I read on forums that snow was up in the mountains of Zhejiang province last night, but since we are in the city, I'm not sure, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

As for the cloud-seeding, I sincerely hope that karma will get the people who tried to alter Mother Earth's path. Wait, that's wrong of me to think but I am appalled when people try to play God. I know there are people in China that need to be fed and so cloud-seeding will provide rain for crops, but maybe in places like Beijing, which are such an anomaly in why people ever decided to build a city in the middle of a desert, we shouldn't be living. But I did live there last year and loved the city so I'm sounding hypocritical but I stand by my statement.

I came home early because of all the weather change I came down with a bug. It's not horrible, but bad enough that I just want to lay down. So no yoga today which I was looking forward to. I hope Chase will make me some Chinese noodle soup. And I hope it will snow.

No comments: