Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Celebrate!

Last week, I entered a contest for a Beijing expat magazine called CityWeekend. The contest prize was a dinner for four people at the Grand Hyatt Beijing (close to Tiannanmen) for a Thanksgiving dinner. It's valued at over $300USD (1780 RMB) and includes a turkey buffet with all the fixings and alcohol. And guess what?!?!? I won!!!!!


So that's where Chase and I and two other people who we haven't decided yet will be going.

Here's the URL for my answer and the contest rules, etc.

http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/beijing/events/33991/

It's the first time I've ever won a contest- raffle, prize drawing, anything!

And yes, I will make an exception and will be eating turkey that night. And Zach and Jackie, we decided that if we were still in Austin ya'll would be who we'd invite.....

2 comments:

jackie said...

I love your entry! Especially the part about all of you huddled around the computer to watch football games. :-) Thanks for thinking of us! I'm jealous we're not there to enjoy the fabulous meal with you guys. Zach would definitely eat the turkey too!

We miss you!!

Z said...

That's really awesome Svetha. You rocked the competition in that contest - no luck involved in the victory there. I think Jackie would have to eat some of that bird, if you're willing to make the exception too.

We miss you guys, even if I wouldn't see much of you here either (my new job is running me ragged).

I'm going to brew y'all's wedding beer the next time I have a free weekend. I have a lighter style for 2 kegs and a darker special brew for 1 keg. Are there any special fruits, spices, colors, etc. that I can incorperate into the special batch's recipe? Don't hold back, you'd be surprised what kind of things work well with beer. (I made a dark dark stout with wild black berries and it's ab-fab.)