Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Warmth

Well, I woke up this morning to find that the radiators were turned on. In China, the government turns on the gas for the radiators in all the buildings all at the same time in one day.

So even though it's been around freezing every night, we haven't had any actual heat in our house, making our tile floors freezing. Now we have hot spots on the floor as if we have heated flooring, but really it's just the radiators from the floor below us.

It's nice to have a warm house. Ah, the simple pleasures.

My sister emailed me this morning asking if Chase and I were ok. Something about an earthquake somewhere in China. Anyhow, we don't know anything about it. At least the media is not reporting it.

2 comments:

BlueMoonPoet said...

Man, you are the early bird! :o) So glad the house is warm. I can't imagine not being able to turn on the heat when i need it-- that's something I definitely take for granted. And I didn't hear about an earthquake, but glad to hear you weren't in one either way!

jackie said...

Our heat kicked on for the first time last night and it made me think of what you wrote in this post. Damn commies... :-)

I got my hair cut yesterday -- I have bangs now! And I darkened it a few shades. I'll send you some photos.